We have been thinking on how to help you save time, reduce costs and take the stress out of planning your next ski trip anywhere in the world. The best holidays are always the ones where you get the inside knowledge or secret scoops before you go. The Sponars database is full of snow-minded individuals that hold a plethora of ski holidaying knowledge, so this is an opportunity to share those secrets.
This could include;
- Best snow destination in a certain country?
- Where to stay and how to book it?
- Best local restaurants and bars?
- How to get hold of ski tickets and ski gear?
- Any other quirky snow tips or tricks?
Make the most of this opportunity to join in on the ski secrets and feel the anticipation and excitement for your next overseas ski holiday.
How it works; we’ll choose different snowy countries around the world and you can email in any secrets or stories you may have from this area. We’ll then collate it all and present it back as a blog for everyone to enjoy and learn from. Those of you who have stayed with us in the past may liken it to the Sponars lounge; a fantastic place to meet new people and share ski stories. This way when it is time to book your next snow experience you’ll know all the secrets. Secrets don’t always come at once so what the blog if we find more secrets we will add them to the blog.
How this benefits you? You’ll have a huge wealth of snow holiday information at your fingertips – so when you’re ready to travel overseas, booking and planning your trip will be a breeze. Do you think it’s important to have good information when booking holidays? I do and some of my best adventures have been inspired by scoops that I have found out from fellow snow-chasers, just like you.
Email your snow secrets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don’t forget pictures – we like them too!
CANADA SNOW SECRETS
Best Snow Destination.
The current vote is;
- Big White
- Kicking Horse
Where to stay.
Easy to find accomodation for every budget in Canada. We like ski in and ski out.
- SunPeaks; Fireside Lodge
- Revelstoke; Sutton Place Hotel
- Kicking Horse; Glacier Mountaineer Lodge
Where to eat.
We like eating where the locals eat. What they drink is another story……google a Caesar Cocktail and you will see what I mean. Often in these funky towns there is a what’s on guide where the locals meet at a different restaurant or bar each night. Ask around.
How to get hold of ski tickets?
Your Epic pass will help you at Whistler. An Icon Pass will help with Revelstoke and Red Mountain. The other fields you can save up to 50% if you buy early on their websites. Don’t forget Liftopia.com there are often deals coming up for Canadian snow fields.
Other quirky snow tips or tricks?
- Easy to get around by hiring a car.
- Always go with a Mountain Guide on day one.. It’s a free service at each field and you learn all the local tricks.
- Revelstoke was established in 2008 so all the accomodation in the mountains is relatively new. The mountain is beautiful and expansive. A gondola ride through the mountain cloud takes you to a sunny mountain top with endless skiing.Choose ski in/out accommodation. Cath
Big White Tips
- Big White is a cosy small resort that its name tells it all BIG WHITE there is lots of the white stuff guaranteed. Enough that you need to carry a whistle so that you can be found if you get too deep!. Stay in ski in/ski out accommodation. Cath
Silver Star Tips
- Stay at Firelight or Snow Bird
- Check out food at Bulldog Cafe or Silver Fern
- Buy an early bird season pass and its cheaper than a 7 day ticket.
- Visit a local Ice hockey Game in Vernon. Greg
Thanks Graham, Eric, Cath, Michelle, Greg, Michael and Jeremy for your input so far.